Fear & Aggression (aka "Feisty Fido")
Having a fearful/aggressive dog can be a real struggle. It can feel scary, overwhelming, and heartbreaking to watch your beloved pet act unpredictably or have a difficult time interacting with their world. Whether this is your first time experiencing aggression or you've been taking it one day at a time, Shawna has a decade of experience and knowledge to help.
What is your Feisty Fido program like? How much does it cost?
Every dog is different in their behaviors, reactions, and their ability to tolerate triggers. For that reason, we offer three different training options. Please note that for any of these training options, you must first book a consultation for fear & aggression to determine which program is most appropriate for you and your dog. The consultation may be conducted in your home or at our Everett facility, the cost is $350.00.
1. Private Sessions: After your initial consultation for fear & aggression, you can receive one-on-one training to help work toward your goals. Pricing is as follows:
Single Session $95.00
2 = $181.00
4 = $350.00
6 = $513.00
*Please note that multi-session packages have expiration dates:
2. Feisty Fido Semi-Private Group Classes: You'll be grouped with 1-2 other dogs for a four-week training program that meets in the "real world" like a local park or your own neighborhood. Cost for 4-week class is $175.
I have a "Feisty Fido" and I need help. How can we sign up?
Option 1: We understand that dog training is an investment and it’s important to find a good fit. If you have questions or would like to talk to us about your dog’s behavior before committing to a full aggression consultation, schedule a FREE, no-obligation 20-minute phone call with Shawna to find out more about how she can help. If you’d like to proceed with private training after completing your consultation, Allison (our scheduler) will reach out to you and get you scheduled.
Option 2: Already on board and ready to just get started? Then no phone call is needed; just schedule your initial consultation for fear & aggression! Just text/call Allison at 425-977-9605 and she will get you on the schedule. Let her know if you want to work with a trainer at our facility ($285) or if you’d rather conduct the consultation in your home ($350). Please note that if your home is more than a 30-minute drive from the Everett Facility, there may be an added travel fee ($30 minimum).
What's your training philosophy for fearful/aggressive dogs?
We follow Kim Brophey's "L.E.G.S." model to assess each dog individually, which helps us to identify the skills they need for success and to develop the perfect customized program.
The four components of the "L.E.G.S." model include:
While every dog is different, Shawna uses several research-backed strategies to help dogs and their handlers with fear and aggression-related behavior.
1. Up-to-date, science-backed methods: Shawna regularly participates in professional development activities to ensure the methods she uses are evidence-based and effective.
2. Simple techniques: Activities, exercises, and strategies are easy to incorporate into everyday life. Dog training shouldn't make your life any more complicated than it already is!
3. Teaching relaxation: When your dog learns to relax in stressful situations they'll stop worrying about the world around them.
4. Effective dog-handler communication: Communication between you and your dog is critical. Learn how to recognize when they're uncomfortable, and teach your dog how to communicate to you that they need a break - and when they're ready to move forward.
5. Personalized program: Every dog is different. Shawna will develop a plan based on your goals and break them up into small, achievable steps. Between online coaching, in-person private sessions, or semi-private small group classes, there's a methodology that fits your dog's needs.
Welcome to the family!
Once you’re enrolled in any of our training programs, you’re part of the Pet Coach to the Rescue family! You can now request to join our Facebook Training Group; within this group you will have access to all of our handouts, videos of training exercises, fun contests, and be able to connect with other pet parents. We hope to see you there!